Friday, August 31, 2012

The Golden Era




Sitting at home on lazy Saturday evening I was surfing through the endless TV channels hoping to find something interesting. In spite of having a setup box which provided over 120 channels, I could not find any thing to catch my attention. I spent more that 15 unsuccessful minutes and yet did not find a single channel worth watching. I was really disgusted and put down the remote. So much to choose from yet nothing to choose.
I took a walk down memory lane to the good old days of DD1. That was the golden era…isn't it…DD has produced such great serials that you will be amazed… I was a kid then but most of the serials are still there in my memories. Given a change I would really love to watch many of them. Remember . Nukkad, Chunauti, Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi, Hum log, Bunniyad, Bharat ek khoj, Vikram ' Betal, Malgudi Days, Gul Gulshan Gulfam, Mr. Yogi, Phattichar, Karam chand and of course Mahabharata and Ramayan. What about Circus and Fauji

The list could go on and on But then that was only in the good old days.

No comments: