Friday, August 31, 2012

21st Dec 2012

“Yesterday is a dream, tomorrow but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope." These words have never failed to impress me- simple words yet so true. The following conversation (via chat) took place between a friend and me some time back. Let's call him SR. Here is an extract of the chat.

SR: Hey what do you feel about 21st December 2012.

Me: What do u mean.

SR: Come on, don't tell me you have not heard about it. Every one is talking about it.

Me: Well I have no clue.

SR: It's the end of the world ya.

Me: ha ha ha. End of the world. Are you the modern day Nostradamus by any chance.

SR: No but I have read so much regarding this for the past few months. I would not be telling you and the others if I did not believe in it.

Me: 21 You mean to say you actually believe in predictions.

SR: Come on.. just visit these sites and you will know I am not joking.


He then went on to give me many links and references of sites which spoke about D-DayJ
The contents went to describe the Mayan and Hopi predictions that the world, as we know it, will end on the 21st of December 2012.
After reading for some time I resumed chatting with him.


SR: there . Did u read the articles.
Me: ya but come don't tell me that you believe in it

SR: Of course I do, I have informed all family and friends too. Most of them believe me.

Me: J ok good. But I don't.

SR: I have decided to spend the few remaining years of my life differently. I am fully convinced about 21dec 2012.

Me: Fine the why don't you transfer your bank balance to me on 20th December 2012 :)

SR: you don't believe me do you.

Me: NO a big NO. Any way go ahead and transfer that fat bank balance of yours. I will enjoy it.

Well friends, what I am trying to say here is why worry so much about some predictions. Let the world end when its wants to. We need to live life to the fullest each and every day.
And my dear friend SR here is something especially for you “Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.” Charles Schultz, creator of the Peanuts comic strip.

No comments: