Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Mr. Handsome

It was just another ‘Manic Monday’ I am sure everyone would agree that getting back to work on a Monday morning after a relaxing/hectic weekend is not so pleasant. Well this Monday was no different; it had been a hectic day at work. I was glad when I was able to complete the assigned tasks and leave for the day.

Home was just 10 minutes away, and I was sure that my hubby ad daughter would be at the computer playing some of their favorite games. As I walked down the usual route home; I felt as though a pair of eyes was looking at me from Mr. Menon’s house. The Menons had moved out about 10 days back after a transfer, so I assumed that a new family had moved in and walked on. We had a quick dinner and played a game Scrabble with my hubby and daughter before retiring for the day.

The next day, as I was returning home, I saw him again standing by the gate looking at me. Being a purely residential area, there were just a few people walking down the street at that time, and I was sure it was me he was looking at. This went on for the whole week, I would walk by at almost the same time every day and he would be there as if waiting for me. I notice that he was very handsome and had warm expressive eyes. Soon I would myself waiting to see him every evening as I passed the house to get back home. There was something about his expressive eyes and warm friendly look that made me want to take the first step to introduce myself. Unsure of what his reaction would be I kept putting it off. I was content with just seeing him every day. A few days later as I passed that way, I noticed that he was not standing at the gate there as usual. I was disappointed and stood on the opposite side of the street for a few minutes hoping that he would come out. Ten minutes later though disappointed, I realized that I need to pick up some stationary for my daughters school project and rush home.

The next day I was found myself eagerly waiting for 7.pm to pass so that I could leave office for the day, hoping to see Mr. Handsome. I was thoroughly disappointed when he was not there for a second day in a row. It was only 3 day later that I saw him again, and this time I decide I would go up to him and shake hands and introduce myself. I guess I had enough of the admiration from a distance. As I walked towards the house, I realize I was a bit nervous about his reaction- but then I thought “Its today or never” Once I approached the gate, I realized that I was right in taking the first step… Mr. Handsome welcomed me by wagging his tail and putting his soft brown paws on the gate. I patted him lovingly and shook hands- or should I say paws with him. Yes you guessed right Mr. Handsome was a lovely Labrador with soft, warm, loving eyes.

2 comments:

chai said...

Hi Indu,

Good start :)
Nice Blog on ur pet animal Mr.Handsome
Keep going on.

Unknown said...

I was feeling Jealous.....!!!